Terms & Conditions
Processing of personal dataThe users of the Cab2ride service grant their consent for the processing of personal data during the installation of the Cab2ride app by marking the checkbox “I agree with the Terms and Conditions and the processing of my personal data”. Cab2ride only collects and processes the personal data submitted by the users in the course of installation and use of the Cab2ride app. A taxi user’s disclosure of his or her geographical location data is a precondition for using the Cab2ride service. We explain below how Cab2ride collects and uses personal data with the Cab2ride app. By installing the software (cab2ride app) you agree the terms and conditions of use. Installing the Cab2ride app will not harm your device but will collect information as described below. Cab2ride reserves the right to modify its conditions without prior notice at any time. To install this application you must be at least 18 years of age
1. What personal data we collect and process?
- Name, telephone number, e-mail address, feedback ratings and payment information of the app user;
- location of the customer, the duration of taxi service from pickup to drop-off, and their final destination;
- Identification data of the device on which the Cab2ride app has been installed;
- Cookies of the cab2ride.com website save the website user’s telephone number and location.
2. The purpose of collecting personal data
- To improved customer service, information you provide helps us respond to your customer service request and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our site, we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of matching up a customer with a provider of the taxi service;
- We forward the data on location and telephone number of the taxi user to the taxi service provider to enable the provider to decide whether the potential customer is located nearby and whether to provide the taxi service to this user;
- We use the personal data of the taxi user to resolve any service quality issues between Cab2ride and the taxi service provider;
- We use contact details to notify customers of updates to their Cab2ride service and so they can contact the service provider to ask how much time it will take to reach their location.
- We collect data on the routes taken by the Cab2ridecustomers to analyze the coverage of the service in order to make recommendations to the taxi service providers.
- The personal data collected via the Cab2ride app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, or for the purpose of behavioral marketing.
3. The method of collecting personal data
- We collect data on the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of Cab2ride customers during the process of the Cab2ride app installation;
- We only collect data on their location if the Cab2ride app has been activated;
- The collection of location data stops after the Cab2ride app is closed in the installer’s device.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- The personal data of customers is strictly disclosed to those taxi service providers who have activated the Cab2ride app; in this case, they will see the name, telephone number and location of the person who ordered a taxi;
- After providing the taxi service, the name of the customer will remain visible to the taxi service provider for 24 hours. This is necessary for taxi service providers to resolve any issues associated with their service, and if needed, to contact the customer if something was left behind in the taxi;
- The feedback on the quality of the taxi service is anonymous and taxi service providers do not receive information on the names and telephone numbers of the persons who provided feedback;
- We will not disclose the personal data or locations of Cab2ride users to any third parties or public authorities.
5. Security and deletion of data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the Cab2ride service is stored in the servers of Zone Media OÜ, located on the territory of a US Member State. Only authorized employees of Cab2ride OÜ have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the Cab2ride service;
- The collected data on the routes taken by taxi users will be anonymised after 180 days from the use of the taxi service;
- If a Cab2ridecustomer would like to delete their personal data collected via the app, he or she can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via info@Car2ride.com.
- Direct marketing
- We use your e-mail address and phone number for direct marketing if you have given a respective consent on the Cab2ride.com website or in the Cab2ride app. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the “Unsubscribe from direct marketing messages” link in the header of our e-mail.
6. Dispatch Service Provider
- Cab2ride is a Dispatch Service Provider and doesn’t represent any livery or Luxury base in New York City. We are a platform of connections between drivers and passengers.
- If a luxury or Livery bases dispatch a call through the Cab2ride system, they must provide accurate fare to their passengers.
- Cab2ride doesn’t own any vehicle or taxi; it’s just a way to connect Drivers and Passenger, affiliates with Car Service base or luxury Base are responsible to provide workers compensation insurance to their Driver and legally Bond that is required by NYC TLC.
- Any complain regarding a taxi service must be forwarded to the affiliate Car service or Luxury base.
- Under no circumstances is Cab2ride responsible for lost possessions, unfair pricing with drivers, or driver behavior.
- However, any complaints with the drivers by the passengers can be forwarded to the correspondent authorities in your city/state (New York City Taxi Comission)
7. Personal data of taxi drivers
- We only collect and process personal data of taxi drivers to the extent necessary for verifying the driver’s qualifications for pursuing this professional activity and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the Cab2ride service. We do not disclose the personal data of taxi drivers to third parties.
- Using the Cab2ride app, a taxi service operator can see the geographic location of a driver, information on dispatches and the times of using the service. If a taxi driver would like for his or her location not to be visible via the Cab2ride app, he or she can disable the app by tapping the “Off Duty” button on the home screen after login.
If you have any questions please contact us at:
This document was last updated on November 9, 2015